Digital Ship Athens - Focus on Maritime's Digital Future, 1 & 2 November 2017
INTRODUCING THE SPEAKER PANEL FOR DIGITAL SHIP ATHENS ON 1 & 2 NOVEMBER 2017
Digital Ship is pleased to be returning to Greece for our longest running event, with the 15th Annual Digital Ship Conference & Exhibition in Athens on 1& 2 November and are delighted to announce the speaker line-up for the event.
Industry experts will take to the podium during the conference which will include plenary and interactive panel sessions over the two days, and there will be an exhibition showcasing leading suppliers and vendors to the sector.
You can now access the Digital Ship Athens presentations and a selection of photos HERE
Five key focus sessions throughout the 2 days will discuss:
Session 1: The Maritime Satcom Summit
Session 2: Building Cyber and Security Resilience – with a Special Focus on GDPR
Session 3: Blockchain in Practice – Creating Trust in the Maritime Supply Chain
Session 4: Developing Big Data Ecosystems
Session 5: Harnessing Maritime’s Digital Future
Confirmed speakers include:
• Katerina Raptaki, IT Manager, Navios
• Electra Panayotopoulos, Partner, HFW
• Gary Pogson, Innovation Owner, Lead Specialist, The Lloyd’s Register Foundation and The Alan Turing Institute
• Panagiotis Papagiannakopoulos, Director, Head of Cybersecurity, Data Protection & Privacy Advisory Services, EY (Ernst & Young Business Advisory Solutions S.A.)
• Dimitris Theodossiou, Managing Director, Danaos
• Nick Lambert, Maritime Domain Expert, NLA Ltd
• Robert O’Dwyer, Editor, Digital Ship
• Gert-Jan Panken, VP Application Sales, Inmarsat
• Jeff Greer, Vice President, Operations, KVH
• Bent Erik Bjorkly, General Manager Strategic Initiatives, Kongsberg Maritime AS
• Matt Duke, Vice President, Digital Platform, Kongsberg Digital AS
• Dr. Nikitas Nikitakos, Professor, Dept. of Shipping Trade and Transport, University of the Aegean
• Evanthia Kostidi, PhD Candidate, Dept. of Shipping Trade and Transport, University of the Aegean
• Martin Jarrold, Chief, International Programme Development, Co-Chairman, Maritime SatCom Forum, GVF
• Ewan Robinson, Director, Yango Satellite Communications Ltd
The event will include an Exclusive Workshop, Open Roundtables and Networking Functions, including a Gala Dinner on 1 November.
For more information and to register attendance, please visit https://www.athens.thedigitalship.com/
ABOUT DIGITAL SHIP
For 17 years Digital Ship magazine has provided the digital community of the world's maritime industry with the latest news and developments, including satellite communications, software, navigation and electronics, to help keep shipping operating with maximum safety, efficiency and crew comfort.
Cathy Hodge, Event Director, Digital Ship